Neat Crafting Project



Upcycled Crayons

Me and Bug got bored last week and we decided to do a craft project.
We had so many broken crayons that I didn't wanna just trash them. So I did some research and found that I could recycle them and make new ones.
I went to the store and found some mini muffin cups.
( I was going to buy silicone ones but they were too expensive at the time and only came in 2 packs)

So I got the muffin cups home, and Me and bug dumped all the crayons on the kitchen table, And started to peel the paper off the ones that still had paper on them.
That folks, is the hardest part of this project I promise.
But I found that If I took a knife and slit down the side and cut the paper it comes off easier. I found this out AFTER I got half way done. Good job mom. Haha.

Anyways, We got the paper off, pulled a few cups out, broke the crayons up and I let bug pick which colors he wanted to mix together. I found instructions online, And I preheated the oven to 250 degrees.
Allowed Bug to arrange in the colors he wanted. And popped them in the oven for 15 mins.
It was really neat watching them "Bake" 

Bug helped me arrange them.



"Baking" 


After 15 mins in the oven


Fresh out of the oven


Really colorful


This one is super cool.

Once they were cooled off, I let bug play with them. he loved them. They are the perfect size for his hands. And he loves stacking them into towers.




Stacking them.

If you need to get rid of those old broken crayons, This is how you do it. You can buy silicone molds from anywhere, And I will be doing that soon. They come in all sorts of fun shapes and sizes for whatever your needs may be. I am actually considering making them and selling them now that I see how easy it is.

Let me know if you try it. I would love to hear from you.

Kasey


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Comments, But comments do not count as entries on a giveaway unless otherwise stated.