Cheese Cake Bites

So I decided to be adventurous and since I am not making Bug's birthday cake, I wanted to make something for the adults attending his party. I looked online and found a great and somewhat simple recipe.

Cheese cake bites.
I have already tried one without topping but let me tell you, It was so yummy.
So if your looking for something different to serve at a party try this. I seriously have never made a "REAL" cheesecake before. There was a recipe in my family that was like a no bake cheese cake that never got firm or anything, and I always grew up eating it and loved it. But now it is my turn to put a twist on it. So here it is....

Cheesecake bites.
16oz of cream cheese
3/4 a cup of white sugar
2 eggs ( I used fresh eggs from my daddy's chickens)
1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla extract (You can use fresh Vanilla bean if you want)
3 tablespoons of All Purpose flour
A few shakes of ground cinnamon. (you can use fresh if you would like)
A box of Graham Crackers
4 table spoons of melted stick butter.

It would have been alot easier had I had a food processor, (*On my list of things to buy)  But I took a bowl and crushed up the graham crackers with a ladle. It worked out decently. My arm was tired afterwards.
After you crush the graham crackers (however you would like) add in the melted butter and stir until all crumbs are coated.

Take a big mixing bowl or mixer (I only have a hand mixer) and add the cream cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs, flour and cinnamon and sugar. Mix until blended.

I used mini muffin papers, (no molds) :( and filled each one with half a tea spoon of the graham cracker crumbs. I didn't have the time to smush them to become firm. But if you actually have the mini muffin pan, it will be easy to do. After I filled each cup with crumbs, I poured the filling into the cups. Put them on a baking tray and put them in the oven.

Your oven will need to be at 350 degrees. And if your making mini's you only bake them for 15 mins, If you make full cup cake sized ones, 20-25 mins.

Now, because I did not have all of the correct equipment, they don't look pretty at all, But they sure taste awesome. I have a can of blueberry pie filling I plan on putting on them in the morning. Or allowing the guest to scoop their own onto the cheesecake. You can make your own pie filling I'm sure. But I'm lazy. :) Or just super tired. Being that it is 2am right now. :)

Here are some pictures.

 Crushed graham crackers
 Cheesecake mix
 No muffin pan. :( So they are disformed.
 In the oven

 Done.

 All done. Oh so yummy. So what if they look ugly? haha.



Finished product. They were such a hit at the party. Glad I saved some for myself. 


I hope you are able to try this at home. It's awesome.

Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Comments, But comments do not count as entries on a giveaway unless otherwise stated.